Thursday, July 16, 2009

Life with Lily


Life with Lily is going well. She's a really sweet dog. She is very interested in our two cats but Ginger the "Queen Bee" of our house isn't at all interested in Lily. Eva on the other hand, plays with Lily. They're both about the same age, a little over a year old. The biggest problem is that Lily doesn't realize how big or strong she is. We hear little Eva screaming out quite often because Lily is stepping on her tail or is nosing her too roughly.

Having Lily is good for me since I need to take her on a walk every evening. We walk anywhere from a mile to three along a nice paved path. Lily is a pretty good walker. She heals fairly well but most of the time she likes to be out in front of me. Every once in a while she starts jumping through the tall grass/bushes. She is very interested in all things that fly....bees, moths, butterflies, dragonflies...etc. While out on our walk the other night we happened upon a young little fox (on the other side of the fence) having an evening snack. Sorry to say I didn't have my camera with me. I must remember to bring it with me on our walks!

Most of our backyard is fenced in, except for a small hill/ridge between us and our neighbors that is covered with trees, wild rose bushes, raspberries, and some other shrubbery. That will change this weekend when I put up some sort of wire fencing. Then she will have free reign (supervised) of the backyard and will be able to jump and gallop (yes she gallops) around.

I hope that your week is going well!