Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Alaskan Father's Day Card














Hello! It's Wednesday evening and the start of a long weekend for me. I'm fortunate that I have a 4 day weekend plus I'm taking the next week off too. My best friend is coming up from the lower-48 for a week-long visit tomorrow. I'm so excited! We're planning on doing a lot of driving and sight-seeing. We only have 2 for sure things that we're planning on and they are a trip to the stamp store out in Palmer called Stamp Cache (will let you know how it is) and a halibut charter. Can't wait!

Sorry to ramble on so....here is the Father's Day card that I made for my Dad. I stamped the image on neutral tan cardstock with Timber Brown Stazon, and used Prisma colored pencils and gamsol to color it.

Stamp: from Peddlerboss
Ink: Stazon Timber Brown
Paper: Paper Company Neutral Tan; Color Sense System double-sided cardstock Zucchini/Spruce; Paper Pizazz "flannel", Bazzill Mocha Divine
Accessories: scissors, dimensionals to pop up the image

8 comments:

KathyJ (Wattle) said...

What a wonderful masculine card and your colouring is truly amazing! Fabulous card!

Betty Wright aka gbedwright said...

This is fantastic and wonderfully masculine!!! Great patterns and terrific image!!! Love how the antlers come out of the frame!!! Great Father's Day card, Susan!!!

Tara said...

Beautiful! Your coloring is really good!
Have fun with your friend!

Leslie Miller said...

Hello, Susan! I know you're going to have a wonderful vacation! I so wish I was just starting mine again, rather than having just finished it. This is not only a beautiful image, but beautifully colored, as well! Such a perfect masculine card. Thank you for your recent comment on my blog!

Joan Ervin said...

Hi Susan....what a super cool masculine card...love the moose image and all the wonderful colors!!! I actually got to see a moose while we were in Alaska...I should say we saw lots of them along with lots of eagles!!! We went to the Spit and my DH did the halibut charter...didn't have time to scout out any stamp stores :(
hope your vacation is wonderful!!!

Jane Wetzel said...

Love that coloring with the plaid background...how is that cute little "Lily"? :)

chelemom said...

What a wonderful masculine card! Your coloring is fabulous!

Shirley said...

How really cute for a Father's Day card! So definitely appropirate! :-)